When I first planned out my little Khornate warband I planned to include a pair of flesh hounds. At the time they’d not long been released and a new models outdid their predecessors with ease. As I was planning to paint up a pack anyway what better opportunity to get started on them than this? However because I’ve been concentrating on other aspects of the warband it’s taken a while to actually get started on the hounds but at last the first one is ready to hunt.
Readers with a head or maths will have noticed that despite my references to flesh hounds (plural) I’ve only actually painted one. The reasons for this are twofold. Firstly I used this model to test out some adjustments to my standard daemonic paint scheme. Although I’m very pleased with the results I wasn’t really feeling the urge to replicate it straight away. Secondly I’ve discovered a small group of bloodreavers which I’d assembled, undercoated and then forgot about. Rather than allow them to slip back into the unpainted pile this seems like a fine opportunity to get them wrapped up too so I think I’ll take it easy when it comes to painting daemonic dogs and take a crack at these barbarians next instead.