Good news – the missing flesh hound has been found, and what’s more he was almost finished! A few brushstrokes here and there and he was done. To recap for those new to the story, I was given a set of flesh hounds back in 2013 by a colleague after taking care of his dog whilst he went on holiday. Unfortunately he wasn’t the most pleasant person to work with and the more people he was rude to in our office the more I took it out on the poor fleshhounds by shoving them further and further back on the shelf.
However, when all is said and done, I actually rather like the models – and when fellow blogger Azazel suggested May as “Neglected Model Month” I decided the hounds’ time had come at last. Again, for those not in the know, Azazel has been setting a series of monthly challenges to hobbyists and himself, and the one for May is simply to finish a neglected model that’s been sitting unpainted for far too long. Or, if you’re like me and far too enthusiastic, many models.
Unfortunately by the time I came to that decision one of the hounds had gone astray but a hunt through the drawers and boxes surrounding the painting desk turned him up and in miraculously undamaged and already fairly well painted condition too.
And here’s one of his packmates.
I’m rather pleased to have snuck the rune of Khorne onto his base twice, wherever he walks the Blood God clearly approves.
So there we have it two hounds done, three more to go by the end of the month.